9.03.2010

What's Coming Up Next

In just two weeks I will be done with the projects I have been writing articles on for HGTV.com. Then I will finally resume work on the Master Bedroom Redesign.

Just in time, I'd say! This bedroom needs to get all cozy for the upcoming winter, because this is where I love to hang out after the kids have gone to bed on winter nights. Right now there aren't even drapes, so this room has got to be addressed, stat.

The first decision I've made, to get the project back on track, is to order this.
The Sofia Settee from Ballard Designs. It just went on sale and that was the push I needed to make a decision. I had considered the Chocolate fabric, but when I got the swatch it was very dark vs. a warm chocolate brown. The other choice, Natural, is a great neutral that coordinates beautifully with the Bocce and Canton Bazaar fabrics which have already been brought into the room. I will just jazz the piece up with some pillows!



The settee will sit where the armoire previously stood, housing an old TV.


I had intended to place this chair here, but once the armoire was removed from the room it was striking how much space there actually was...a real seating area could be created here! And yes, a TV will be hung above the settee. I am one of those people who give a big thumbs up to having a TV in the bedroom.


So far this room has been updated with an upholstered wall headboard and a pair of lamps found at HomeGoods, which received a full makeover. The remaining items to complete this room include drapery panels, bedding, a TV, side table and accessories. If I get a moment I hope to find some fabric options next week, so by the time I am done with my other commitments I will be ready to jump right in and finish this bedroom. I'll keep you posted.


In the meantime, look for my Houzz Ideabook tomorrow, featuring a series of rooms which have been updated by painting the wooden floors.

Have a great weekend! Janell

No comments:

Post a Comment