10.22.2010

Please fasten your seatbelts...

So I would like to tell you a little story.
A timeless story of friendship.

Because I fell for a man who was destined to have a job that involves the uprooting of our family every few years, I found myself on a bizarre little peninsula off the coast of New Jersey.  There I experienced some very extreme things. As a small town girl from Florida, I was used to sunshine, hurricanes, flip flops, and snowcones.  There is only about 1 week a year in New Jersey where you might find 3 out of 4 of those.  However, if you are into freezing rain, windchills that will rip the flesh off your body, or perhaps odd looking birdwatchers, and "cyclists" in the middle of the road, I know just the place!  Just when I thought I could never loathe a place more than this tiny sliver of paradise, I met one of the craziest people I know, G.  She is pretty much the other half of me.  I am not sure how this is actually possible, because, as I will remind you several times, she is older than me :), but we also grew up in very different areas.  If is almost like had we shared an embryo and it was split right down the middle, one would be her and the other myself.  She is tall, blonde, beautiful, funny, charismatic, a great cook, well really I could go on and on, but I think I covered the important ones.  I am, short, brunette, sarcastic, judging, and craftier than the day is long!  We fit together like a puzzle!  Together we share bonfires, birthday parties, my pregnancy, snotty nosed children, snowball fights, laundry piles, and gossip...oh the gossip!!! Alas, that is for another post!  Because I am certain that all of you have stopped reading long ago, I will finish by saying, we have moved, we now live in two extremes.  Just as before we met, she is in the snowy north, and me in the dead south.  This blog for us, is a way to share with you all of the things we like to celebrate, all of the crazy ups and downs.  The rollercoaster of life, if you will.  Please join us for the party, all I ask is that you please fasten your seatbelts!
--Shanna

No comments:

Post a Comment