10.07.2010

Some Of My Favorite DIY Projects Seen In Blogland

(Print by Jen of Made By Girl)

Most days for me begin with a cup of coffee and some time catching up on what other bloggers have posted. I set aside this time, not only because I have become friends with many of these wonderful bloggers, but because there is a lot of creativity out there to be inspired by!

So while I am traveling, taking a few days off from working on the projects that are on my plate, I thought it would be fun to share a few favorite DIY projects that have caught my eye!

(And if I leave any of you out, which I most certainly will, please send a note sharing your favorite project. I certainly could do more of these posts in the future.)

The first project comes from Lindsay and her blog everything LEB. If you've read my blog for any time now you know I love a great tray makeover and this is one of the best I've seen. (So much so I've only hinted to Lindsay a few times that if she should tire of it...keep me in mind!) I just adore the happy bright colors on her "Tres-Chic" zig zag tray.



The tray provides a cheerful spot to place keys and other items in an entry, and don't you love the turquoise vase against the orange and white?


To learn how Lindsay made her happily chic tray click here.

The next project was done by Lakeitha from Home to Three Duncan Boys. She recently completed her oldest boy's bedroom and I thought the light fixture was ingenious. Here is one really cool Ikea Hack Light fixture. That is rope wrapped around the shade!



The fixture compliments the room perfectly, and even better it cost nearly nothing to make!


Lakeitha shows how you can make a similar fixture here.

And then check out this great DIY sunburst mirror project from Sarah, who writes Citified Country Girl. Her mirror reminds me a version I recently completed, but I simply adore her rustic take on such a project, with a result that completely fits her style! Rustic Sunburst Mirror.



Now this mirror has character!


See Sarah's tutorial to learn how to make this mirror here.

Finally, if you haven't been to Kristen's blog, k.f.d.designs, you must. She can paint nearly anything and make it look great, recently redoing her bedroom using a stencil of her own design. Kristen's bedroom design was inspiring before, but I adore the updated look she has created.

before

after


Don't you just love all the creativity that can be found on blogs?!
And tell me, what is a favorite project you have seen (or done) recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment