12.03.2010

Tree Traditions

Each year we decorate our tree the day after Thanksgiving. One of my favorite parts of the tradition is unwrapping ornaments which have been stored during the year...each one seems to have a memory attached to it. One special ornament is a vintage tree topper that my grandmother placed on her holiday tree. A sale tag still on the box, marked an extravagant 68 cents, reminds me that she knew how to find a deal!



Before I could place the ornament on the top of the tree this year, however, Max had cut out a star, attached a ribbon to it and was adamant it be placed at the top of the tree instead. And that is what we did. (I placed the tree topper on today simply to get this picture, though I think it will be coming down before he gets home from school!) Perhaps I can find someplace else to set the ornament this season...

No comments:

Post a Comment