7.14.2011

New Project: Bonus Room!

This is a BIG room, with easily a dozen or two DIY projects to keep me busy. Actually going up to the space to take the pictures made me feel a little overwhelmed! The is the last uncharted territory in our home, apart from the backyard that needs endless help {and a sizable budget} to get it looking fab. So I'm staying away from there for now and tackling the bonus room, where elbow grease will get me a long ways!


This room is used for movies, playing, sleepover parties and sometimes a little work. Can any more purposes be fit into a space?!


A neglected coffee table was the one piece of furniture the dog decided to damage when he was brought home. Finally it will be refinished, maybe with a fun color.


And speaking of color, of course the walls will get painted. I'm taking inspiration from the large print and some swatches I picked up at Calico Corners.


I can't even show you what disaster lies behind these doors. Some organization will be key to the success of this room.


Windows: something DIY and pretty.


Another item in the room, an old school house chair, needs an update. It is the only piece of furniture I have from my Chicago days. But it will be hard to refinish it, as it will mean removing the fun stickers Isabella put on the back. Or maybe I'll find a way to incorporate them into the redo.


These stickers were found during an extended stay years ago in Hong Kong and Seoul, when my husband was working on a project in those cities. Isabella was just one, and the stories I could tell about her popularity...a blond baby! You'd have thought she was a rock star with all the attention she received everywhere I took her.


A large blank wall. Amazing I haven't touched it yet...perhaps an art/photo wall?


I'm certain something fun can be created from this basic side table...


...and you know these fixtures are about to be history!


Finally, this table belonging to my dear grandmother will be rescued from the garage...


...along with this Bergere chair I had talked about redoing over a year ago! Its days of being a bike and scooter rack are about to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment