2.03.2012

All's Well That Ends Well!

Finally, done...even if I did find myself doing a 360 in the process.


Nearly three years ago I finished the kitchen redesign, but at the first of the year I got an itch to make a change.


So in came SW Foggy Day.


Oops, that looks like...excuse me...crap.

I talked about it in detail in this post, but suddenly my kitchen came down a few design notches, with the cabinetry not looking as good as it once did. I lost the optical illusion of them reaching higher to the ceiling and strangely, they now looked pretty average rather than pretty good. What an irritation, I tell you. I couldn't stand it for more than a day, immediately pulling out a can of the original paint color.


Attempting to make at least something of the effort I'd put into changing the color, I decided to do a wash instead of merely rolling over a layer of the original paint.



Getting there...


...and finally, done. Not only back to the original color (first layers of wash) but I thought, hey, if the light color had created an optical illusion, why not take it a step further and do the final wash using the same paint color we used to paint the cabinetry.


The result is very difficult to accurately capture in photos - the effect is subtle and doesn't show up easily in the images. But here's a photo I highlighted to give you an idea of what is going on in person. 


I'm happy. I'm not touching this paint again for years. I promise myself and I promise you. Moving on...I got a table to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment